The remainder of the Dundalk card which had to be abandoned on Friday night will now be run on Wednesday, 6th March. Entries for the six races stand, but fresh entries can be made. Horse Racing Ireland has also transferred the apprentice handicap scheduled to be run at Dundalk on Friday, 8th March to the new fixture on Wednesday.
Following the cancellation of the Gowran Park meeting last Sunday, Horse Racing Ireland has announced that the meeting is now rescheduled for Tuesday, 29th May (evening meeting).
A new programme of races featuring the Listed Irish Stallion Farms EBF Victor McCalmont Memorial Stakes will be published in due course. Fresh entries for this meeting will close by 12 noon on Thursday, 24th May with declarations to run to be made by 10am on Monday, 28th May. The time of the first race will be at 5.15pm.
To avoid a clash with the Tour de Yorkshire Cycling event, Saturday's Thirsk Hunt Cup meeting will be staged at Wetherby.
In return, Wetherby's fixture tomorrow week (8th May 2018) has been transferred to Thirsk.
Horse Racing Ireland yesterday announced that the cancelled Limerick meeting from Sunday, which was due to feature the Gr.2 EBF Dawn Run Mares Novice Chase and the Gr.3 EBF Shannon Spray Mares Novice Hurdle, will take place tomorrow.
The Navan meeting which was cancelled on Sunday has been rescheduled for Friday. The Gr.2 Webster Cup Chase and the Listed Kingsfurze Novice Hurdle remain part of the card, although the Gr.3 Flyingbolt Novice Chase has been deleted from the programme. As a result of this, the Listed Pierce Molony Memorial Novice Chase, which will be run at Thurles on Saturday, will now be run over two miles and two furlongs.
Following the cancellation of Naas on Sunday and Navan last Thursday, Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) has announced the following race programme alterations:
Wexford Saturday, 17th March
- The Michael O’Murchadha Memorial Handicap Hurdle is now an extended handicap hurdle for four-year-olds and upwards (130 = 11st 10lb) and has increased in value to €18,500.
- The Arctic Tack Stud Veterans Handicap Steeplechase will now be run over a distance of two miles and six furlongs (originally two and a half miles).
Navan Sunday, 18th March
- The Irish Stallion Farms EBF Novice Hurdle over two miles and six furlongs and 110 yards is deleted from the programme
- The Listed Kingfurze Novice Hurdle over two miles (originally scheduled for Naas on Sunday, 11th March) will be added to the programme
- The Handicapcap Steeplechase over two miles and a furlong is now an extended handicap steeplechase for five-year-olds and upwards (123 = 11st 10lb).
Clonmel Tuesday, 20th March
This is a replacement fixture that was announced last week and the programme of races for this meeting are as follows: (Entries for this meeting close by 12 noon on Thursday, 15th March with declarations to run to be made by 10am on Monday, 19th March).
- 2m EBF maiden auction hurdle (from Naas)
- 2m mares’ maiden hurdle l 2m handicap hurdle (Rated 80-109)
- 2m 6f novice hurdle (from Navan on Sunday March 18)
- 2m 2f 130yards handicap hurdle (Rated 80-95)
- 2m five-year-old and over handicap steeplechase (Rated 0-109)
- 2m 7f five-year-old and over handicap steeplechase (Rated 0-102)