The remainder of the Dundalk card which had to be abandoned on Friday night will now be run on Wednesday, 6th March. Entries for the six races stand, but fresh entries can be made. Horse Racing Ireland has also transferred the apprentice handicap scheduled to be run at Dundalk on Friday, 8th March to the new fixture on Wednesday.
Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) has announced an additional Flat meeting to be held at Gowran Park on Tuesday 23rd October. Entries for the races close on Thursday 18th October with declarations to be made by 10am on Monday 22nd October.
In response to a request from the Irish Racehorse Trainers’ Association for specific sprint races, HRI has altered the conditions of the Navan card on Wednesday 24th October. Full details can be found on the HRI RAS website at http://www.hri-ras.ie/
Horse Racing Ireland has announced there will be two additional hurdle races at Clonmel on Thursday, 4th October, following the cancellation of two steeplechases on this card. These are a maiden hurdle for four-year-olds only over 2m4f and an extended handicap hurdle for four-year-olds and upwards rated 80-95 over 2m4f. This meeting will now close for entries by 12 noon on Monday, 1st October with a new meeting number (386).
The Irish Stallion Farms EBF Captain Christy Rated Novice Steeplechase (now 282 H) will be transferred to Gowran Park on Saturday, 6th October and run over 3m1f. It will now close for entries by 12 noon on Tuesday, 2nd October.
HRI has announced an additional Flat fixture will take place at Naas on Tuesday, 2nd October. A full programme will be announced in due course.
Due to the abandonment of five races at Ballinrobe last Monday, Horse Racing Ireland has announced an additional Flat Meeting at Naas on the evening of Tuesday, 4th September.
The fixture will feature a 5f maiden for two-year-olds, a nursery for those rated up to 70 over 5½f, a 45-65 three-yearold plus handicap over 5½f, a 50-80 rated three-year-old plus handicap over 1m, a 1m4f three-year-old plus handicap for those rated 45-65, a 50-80 rated handicap over 1m4f for those aged three and up, and a three-year-old plus winners of one conditions race (have not won or been placed in a Listed or Group race) over 1m4f.
Following the cancellation of Naas on Sunday and Navan last Thursday, Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) has announced the following race programme alterations:
Wexford Saturday, 17th March
- The Michael O’Murchadha Memorial Handicap Hurdle is now an extended handicap hurdle for four-year-olds and upwards (130 = 11st 10lb) and has increased in value to €18,500.
- The Arctic Tack Stud Veterans Handicap Steeplechase will now be run over a distance of two miles and six furlongs (originally two and a half miles).
Navan Sunday, 18th March
- The Irish Stallion Farms EBF Novice Hurdle over two miles and six furlongs and 110 yards is deleted from the programme
- The Listed Kingfurze Novice Hurdle over two miles (originally scheduled for Naas on Sunday, 11th March) will be added to the programme
- The Handicapcap Steeplechase over two miles and a furlong is now an extended handicap steeplechase for five-year-olds and upwards (123 = 11st 10lb).
Clonmel Tuesday, 20th March
This is a replacement fixture that was announced last week and the programme of races for this meeting are as follows: (Entries for this meeting close by 12 noon on Thursday, 15th March with declarations to run to be made by 10am on Monday, 19th March).
- 2m EBF maiden auction hurdle (from Naas)
- 2m mares’ maiden hurdle l 2m handicap hurdle (Rated 80-109)
- 2m 6f novice hurdle (from Navan on Sunday March 18)
- 2m 2f 130yards handicap hurdle (Rated 80-95)
- 2m five-year-old and over handicap steeplechase (Rated 0-109)
- 2m 7f five-year-old and over handicap steeplechase (Rated 0-102)