Following the cancellation of Naas on Sunday and Navan last Thursday, Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) has announced the following race programme alterations:
Wexford Saturday, 17th March
- The Michael O’Murchadha Memorial Handicap Hurdle is now an extended handicap hurdle for four-year-olds and upwards (130 = 11st 10lb) and has increased in value to €18,500.
- The Arctic Tack Stud Veterans Handicap Steeplechase will now be run over a distance of two miles and six furlongs (originally two and a half miles).
Navan Sunday, 18th March
- The Irish Stallion Farms EBF Novice Hurdle over two miles and six furlongs and 110 yards is deleted from the programme
- The Listed Kingfurze Novice Hurdle over two miles (originally scheduled for Naas on Sunday, 11th March) will be added to the programme
- The Handicapcap Steeplechase over two miles and a furlong is now an extended handicap steeplechase for five-year-olds and upwards (123 = 11st 10lb).
Clonmel Tuesday, 20th March
This is a replacement fixture that was announced last week and the programme of races for this meeting are as follows: (Entries for this meeting close by 12 noon on Thursday, 15th March with declarations to run to be made by 10am on Monday, 19th March).
- 2m EBF maiden auction hurdle (from Naas)
- 2m mares’ maiden hurdle l 2m handicap hurdle (Rated 80-109)
- 2m 6f novice hurdle (from Navan on Sunday March 18)
- 2m 2f 130yards handicap hurdle (Rated 80-95)
- 2m five-year-old and over handicap steeplechase (Rated 0-109)
- 2m 7f five-year-old and over handicap steeplechase (Rated 0-102)